by Tom Clancy
They are floating cities with crews of thousands. They are the linchpins of any military strategy, for they provide what has become the key to every battle fought since World War I: air superiority. The mere presence of a U.S. naval carrier in a region is an automatic display of strength that sends a message no potential enemy can ignore.
Now, Tom Clancy welcomes you aboard for a detailed look at how these floating behemoths function. With his trademark style and eye for detail, Clancy brings you naval combat strategy like no one else can.
- Takeoffs and landings: flying into the danger zone
- The aircraft onboard: their range, their power, their weaponry
- The role of the carrier in modern naval warfare
- Exclusive photographs, illustrations and diagrams
- Plus: An interview with the U.S. Navy's Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Jay Johnson